Saint Margaret’s Church and School Lowtherville

The Mission Church and School was one of the first buildings in Lowtherville Road, officially ‘Lowtherville National School’, opened on May 28th 1883 with 28 pupils whose ages ranged from four to seven. It provided basic education and facilities until becoming redundant in 1951 when a new school – Lowtherville County Infants School – was opened in Newport Road (where the Free School is now). It finally shut for good in 1970 and was demolished in 1971.

Read PDF version here: Saint Margaret’s Church and School Lowtherville

 

Sidebar