Pulpit Rock. By Michael Freeman. Pulpit Rock in Bonchurch, a mansion built around 1850, was owned at one time by Dr Henry Leeson. The article includes a image of the house on a carte de visite (visiting card), with a second photograph showing the sandstone rock on the cliff behind the house after which the mansion was named; the rock is surmounted by a wooden cross apparently erected by Sir William Heathcote around 1820. The article also mentions: Ventnor printer Fletcher Moor and St Boniface.
PDF of article available here: Pulpit Rock