The Central Kitchen

The Central Kitchen, by Colin Beavis

The Central Kitchen was built at the top of Lowtherville Road in Upper Ventnor in 1946. It adjoined St. Margaret’s School. A small army of cooks and support staff provided 500 meals a day to local schoolchildren. In the 1990s, the building was converted for community use as St. Margaret’s Hall.

PDF of article available here: The Central Kitchen