Timothy White’s was once a familiar sight on British high streets. In Ventnor, there was a Timothy White’s chemist at 12 High Street by the early 1900s, located in the new block known as Clarence Buildings, with the National Telephone Company’s call office housed above the shop. The shop remained at 12 High Street well after the 1939-45 war until its chemist division was taken over by Boots in 1968.
Article updated post initial publication in South Wight Chronicle to confirm identity of Elsie Thomas
Read PDF version here: Timothy White’s