Marlborough Road Toilets. George Jennings introduced the flush toilet at the Great Exhibition in 1851 and it became known as ‘spending a penny’. A poster illustrates the fact that in 1920 the Urban District Council of Ventnor wished to borrow £3,075 to build a public convenience. Includes three photos of the interior of the toilets. By Richard Downing.
PDF of article available here: Marlborough Road Toilets