St Catherione’s Lighthouse

Lighthouses at St Catherine’s. Tells the story of various lighthouses at St Catherine’s Hill and Point.  The first was built in 1313 on orders from the Pope by the Lord of Chale, Walter de Godeton. The second was never completed. The third was built at St Catherine’s Point but it was too high and in 1875 it was reduced to 43 feet. By Colin Beavis.  (Note: sadly the lighthouse is no longer open to the public. LMT June 2023)

PDF of article available here: Lighthouses at St Catherine’s